Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mini (savoury) pies

I'm just popping in quickly to share this miracle snack with you - one that I accidentally found (and modified a bit). I hardly EVER share food on this blog so this is definitely something you should make a note of.

Ingredients: 
Cream cheese
Bacon (fried)
                 Jalapenos (chopped/fresh or bottled)
                  Puff pastry (store bought or home made) 
   1 Egg white

Cut small circles, I used the lid of a glass jar - 6cm/2.4", out of the rolled out pastry (about 3mm/0.1"thick) and layer as follows: 
Blob of cream cheese, piece of fried bacon and a piece of Jalapeno.
Brush some egg white on the edges of the pastry and place another pastry circle on top of it. 
Press down the edges with a fork (the top pastry will stick to the bottom one because of the egg white).
Brush the top of each mini pie with egg white to allow it to brown easier.
And bake at 200 degrees Celsius (392 degrees Fahrenheit) for 15min or until brown.

AND TA DA!! 
(Sorry for the ugly plate, they where about to be eaten so I had no time for nice styling.) 
If you want to do something more, which only adds to the delightfulness, then get a bowl of salsa and dunk the pie in it before taking a bit. 

Do it - trust me you'll thank me later.

Blessings
Gabi

1 comments:

dunia kecil indi said...

yummy! :) you making me hungry at 2 am :p